Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Inspiration Materials!


I just had my birthday at the end of last year and I was given some excellent reads. Had to post them up and share my thoughts.

The Crafty Minx by Kelly doust is a great book but I would say it is written for more of a beginner audience. It has some awesome ideas though about reusing heaps of your out dated clothes and recycled materials. Definately would look good on any book shelf.

Experimental textiles by Kim Thittichai is a must have! Its written by a University tutor who talks about how to change and alter the way you look at textiles. through shape, form, colour. How to create your own designs and art works from scratch.

Tricia Guild's Pattern is a really really beautiful book and great for anyone look for some inspiration in colour and pattern. How to decorate your home and make it look HOT! I love the texture of this book and the different papers that have been used as well. It has been well thought out....

There is a lot of info about the history of pattern, geometric patterns, the inca trail, pictorial patterns. Really really really good book! I have been spoilt.

Oh and I was given a Nancy bird bag as well, my fav bag designer! mmmm... expensive but soooo worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment